Anyone else have a hard time feeding their littles veggies?!? Or is it really just me! After playing and playing and by playing I mean ripping through recipe books and online sites for tips on how to get my little punk to eat his greens and hopefully every other color of vegetables in the book... I made one up with enough vegetables that works for him!
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped
- 1 Carrot cut
- 1 Onion cut
- Garlic (as you wish)
- 1 pack bella mushrooms or any CHOPPED
- 1 cup parm cheese
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 jar of your fave tomato sauce (any)
- 1 Box of your fave pasta - I use rigatoni
- spices, a lot-to taste! (Basil, oregano, thyme basically Italian spices)
- salt to taste
- 2 TBSP sugar (optional-the red pepper & carrots brings sweetness as it is!)
In a blender, blend red pepper, carrot, spinach, onion, garlic. Chop your mushrooms up NoT in blender unless you have to hide mushrooms for child (my son graduated).. In a large sauce pan and a little olive oil throw those blended veggies in as well as the mushrooms... Season-Italian spices!! Salt and sugar too!! Separately, boil your water for your noodles and well you know how to do that.. Once veggies seem lightly cooked-I would taste it to be sure it has enough seasoning and tastes right. Then add your jar of sauce and throw in 3/4 cup of the cheese and stir... Wallah!! VEGETARIAN BOLOGNESE! For adults you can add your red hot chili flakes! And for adventurous kids top it off with some basil and a hit of the left over parm cheese to complete it! Enjoy!